Love Kyoto matcha? We do too! At Aki Matcha, you get premium Kyoto matcha powder imported directly from Uji, Kyoto in Japan at affordable price.
Want to prepare Kyoto matcha recipes? Perfect!
Here we have two best Kyoto matcha recipes for you that you can easily prepare at home without any hassle.
Kyoto Matcha Menu
Recipe 1# Kyoto Matcha Custard
This delicious Kyoto matcha green custard recipe is super easy to prepare and can be served as a dessert, which is healthy and green.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Milk - 1cup
- Heavy cream – 1 cup
- Kyoto matcha powder – 11/2 teaspoons
- Egg Yolks – 5
- Sugar – ¼ cup
How to prepare Kyoto Matcha Custard?
- Start by preheating the oven at 300ºF.
- Pour the milk, cream, and matcha into a pot and whisk it thoroughly.
- Boil the mixture.
- Remove it from the oven and let the mixture stand for 10 minutes, covered.
- Add the egg yolks and the sugar to a bowl
- Whisk the mixture.
- Using a fine-meshed sieve, strain the milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
- Take 6-ounce ramekins and pour the custard in the ramekins.
- Take a roasting pan and place the ramekins in the pan.
- Fill the pan halfway with water.
- Bake the custard for 35 to 40 minutes till it feels jiggly.
- Take the custard out of the baking pan and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, and you have your Kyoto matcha custard to enjoy.
Recipe 2# Kyoto Matcha Latte Asian Bun
Love Asian buns? Then you will enjoy this Kyoto matcha Asian bun recipe too.
Ingredients You Will Need:
For preparing the Buns
- Flour (all-purpose) – 1 cup
- Kyoto Matcha from Aki Matcha – 2 tablespoons.
- Milk (warmed) – 3/5 cup.
- Salt – 1 teaspoon.
- Instant Yeast – ¾ teaspoon.
- Canola oil – 3 tablespoon
- Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon.
For preparing the custard
- Decadent Chocolate – 4 tablespoon
- Organic agave syrup – 4 tablespoon
- Milk – 1.25 cup
- Butter (unsalted) – 3 tablespoon
- Cornstarch – 1.5 tablespoon
How to prepare Kyoto Matcha Latte Asian Bun?
Preparing the Custard
- For the custard, take a small saucepan and combine all the ingredients together.
- Boil the mixture and heat it while whisking it continuously.
- Transfer the mixture to a small dish, wrap it in a plastic film.
- Store it in the refrigerator and allow it to cool for some time.
Preparing the Bun
- Take a mixing bowl, scale, and combine all the ingredients.
- Beat the mixture for approximately 10 minutes until you get a smooth dough.
- Spread some flour on a surface and transfer the dough to that surface (so that the dough gets covered with flour).
- Then cover the dough with a clean towel and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small pieces and roll the dough to make a nice round ball.
- Cover the dough balls with a clean towel and let them sit for 30 mins.
- Roll the dough ball into a thick disc (½).
- Top each with the frozen custard mixture.
- Using a little water, moisten the edges of the dough and make them into buns by pulling and pinching the edges together.
- In a steamer basket, lay parchment paper and let the buns steam for 8-10 minutes.
- Once ready, you are all set to enjoy your Kyoto matcha latte Asian bun.
Want to order genuine Kyoto matcha powder?
Order the best quality Kyoto matcha powder today from Aki Matcha and enjoy the benefits of premium quality matcha powder imported directly from Kyoto.