Matcha cookies are practically all of our favorite Asian desserts bundled into one. The Korean food company, Cheongwoo's Choco Chip prepared cookies and chocolate chip cookies covered with a thin coating of mochi, and this was when the first matcha cookies were made.
Because we're all lactose intolerant in our house, the matcha cookie recipe that we have contains no dairy products. Here's a quick tutorial on how to make matcha cookies. As you prepare to make your own, use this as your 1-2-3. Follow these eleven steps of Aki Matcha to achieve matcha cookie perfection every time, whether you're a rookie baker or a bake sale master.
11 steps to make perfect matcha cookies
For the matcha cookies,
Let’s get started
- In a bowl, blend glutinous rice flour, cornstarch, sugar, and milk, then cover with plastic wrap. Add ventilation holes in the top of the wrap. 2 minutes 45 seconds in the microwave for the pre-mochi mix.
- 1 tbsp buttery spread, folded in with a spatula into the mixed mochi recipe.
- Wrap the mochi spread with plastic wrap, making sure to cover the dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to chill.
- It's time to get your batter on! Stir in brown sugar and 1 tsp baking powder until the buttery spread is smooth.
- Sift in the flour and matcha powder and stir just until mixed. Stir in the egg thoroughly.
- Store the bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes, covered with plastic wrap or a silicone lid.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare the baking pans with parchment paper.
- Roll the matcha mochi recipe into small balls around the size of your thumb— it's sticky, so wearing plastic gloves will help you roll the balls out more easily! There should be roughly 18-20 mochi balls in total. To seal and close them, roll them out similarly.
- Next, make out slightly larger cookie batter balls and lay them alongside their mochi recipe balls. Place the mochi ball inside the cookie batter and flatten it out, folding its sides over until organic Japanese matcha is completely covered.
- Press in to prepare matcha chocolate chip cookies.
- After baking for more than 10 minutes, remove them from the oven and cool them for 5-8 minutes. Enjoy the gooey goodness of organic Japanese matcha with melted chocolate!!
A batch is unlikely to survive a week in your family— or perhaps we lack self-control.
Health Benefits of Homemade Aki Matcha Cookies:
You’ve now learned how to prepare the perfect matcha cookies. Just as the benefits of matcha green tea, the matcha cookies prepared from Aki Matcha’s organic matcha green tea powder have immense health benefits over any typical chocolate cookies. Prepared from the special green tea leaves, our Japanese organic matcha can serve you the greatest health benefits.
A single cookie from our recipe above can balance your mood, stimulate your metabolism, reduce inflammation, boost immunity and prevent cancer cells from your body.
Top-quality matcha powder for healthier cookies!
Aki Matcha’s powder is finely-grained green tea powder extracted from the fresh tea garden in Japan, grown with utmost care. A perfect matcha cookie recipe is determined only by a perfect blend of organic matcha green tea. You can find this top-quality matcha powder from Aki Matcha across the USA. Be it an online delivery or in-store purchase you want, you can find our products everywhere.
Leave a comment